Full of cranberry, orange and zesty ginger, the Ginger Rouge Cocktail could be the perfect Thanksgiving cocktail! In this video you will learn how to prepare a magical syrup for your cocktails as well as a spiced cocktail. Happy Holidays!
|Gin/Vodka / gold rum||1 1/2 Ounce|
|Cranberry ginger||3/4 Ounce (Homemade Zesty Syrup)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1/2 Ounce|
|Angostura bitters||2 Dash|
|Ginger ale||3/4 Ounce , chilled|
1. To make Housemade Zesty Cranberry Ginger Syrup, in a small saucepan place fresh or frozen cranberries (1 cup), finely grated orange zest (2 teaspoons), finely minced fresh ginger (2 teaspoons), water (1 cup), sugar (1 cup) and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes until syrupy.
3. Let cool then puree in the blender until smooth, refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
4. Shake with ice
5. Strain into a cocktail glass
6. Top with ginger ale and serve.