This martini was created for…. you guessed it….Bob. He’s Bob Sawyer, one of the guys at greendoginteractive.com and is largely responsible creating for this great website of ours. Bob enjoys scotch as well as sweet cocktails with a citrus note. I also happen to know he and wife, Holly, have a little herb garden, so came up with this scotch whiskey libation that includes rosemary and some slightly sharp overtones with redcurrant jelly.
3 Medium (1 for garnish)
10 Medium, cracked
1. In a shaker, add the ruby port, sambuca and redcurrant jelly.
2. Stir with a spoon or shake to blend in the jelly before adding ice.
3. Half fill the shaker with ice.
4. Add scotch and 2 rosemary sprigs and shake vigorously to break down the jelly and release oils from the rosemary.
5. Double strain into a cocktail glass.
6. Garnish with a rosemary sprig and serve chilled.