Really rich, really sweet and utterly scrumptious, linzer torte is jam (usually raspberry) in an almond pastry with hints of vanilla, citrus and cinnamon. Inspired by my friend, Rayann Larsen of the Work Spot, who loves Chambord, here’s my recreation of that in a cocktail. It’s really two drinks, one layered over the other.
2 Medium (For garnish)
1. Chill the Chambord in the freezer for at least 20 minutes
2. Fill two tall 8 oz glasses about 1/3 of the way with well-crushed ice.
3. Divide the Chambord between the two glasses.
4. In an ice-filled shaker add the amaretto, vodka, citrus juice and egg white and shake well.
5. Now add more crushed ice to the glasses, leaving about 1/4 inch space at the top.
6. Slowly layer the amaretto mix over the Chambord by pouring it over a spoon.
7. Before pouring the last of the mix, shake it again vigorously. You want to finish the drink with foam.
8. Garnish with fresh raspberries and a dash of cinnamon