Saganaki Martini with Gin and Tomatoes
|Tomatoes on the vine||10 , chopped (Windset Farms)|
|Chili flakes||1 Pinch|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely minced|
|Seedless cucumbers||2 , finely chopped (Windset Farms Fresco)|
|Tomatoes on the vine||2 , finely chopped (Windset Farms)|
|Kalamata olives||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Haloumi cheese||8 Ounce, cut into 12 cubes|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. In a blender, combine the 10 chopped tomatoes, chili flakes, salt, basil, mint and garlic. Purée until smooth. Place mixture in a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl and place in the refrigerator for 2 -3 hours.
2. Discard the solids remaining in the sieve and add gin to the tomato water.
3. Mix Windset Farms™ Fresco™ cucumbers, remaining finely chopped Windset Farms™ Tomatoes on the Vine™ and olives together and divide into 4 martini glasses.
4. Divide cubes of Haloumi cheese onto 4 small skewers. Heat olive oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat and fry cheese until golden on all sides. Drain on a paper towel.
5. Add the gin and tomato water to the martini glasses. Garnish with chives and a cheese skewer on each glass.
This video is a creation of windsetfarms. You can visit windsetfarms for complete recipes, and more videos.