HarvestEating.com Cooking Video-Salad Dressing
|Sun dried cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon (maille)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (good quality)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pure olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, soak the cherries in boiling water for few minutes.
2. Drain the cherries, reserving little bit of water.
3. In a blender, put together cherries, mustard and wine, and blend together to a smooth paste.
4. Add in salt and pepper, and remove the top off from the lid and blend, placing your hand on the lid.
5. While blending stream in the olive oil, and blend until the mixture is well emulsified.
6. Use the dressing for your choice of salad.
Calories 484 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.6%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 119.4 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet