Globe Artichokes With Yogurt Dressing
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||150 Milliliter|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and finely chopped|
1. To make the dressing, mix the yogurt with the finely grated rind of the 1/2 lemon, garlic, chives and red pepper; add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Chill the yogurt dressing very thoroughly.
3. Trim off the stem from the base of each globe artichoke. Cut off the top of each artichoke about 2 cm (3/4 inch) down.
4. Rub the cut surfaces of the artichoke with the derinded 1/2 lemon.
5. Lower the prepared globe artichokes into a large pan of boiling water; bring back to the boil, and cook covered for about 30 minutes, until the artichokes are tender. (Pull off one leaf; nibble the end and if it is tender then the artichoke is cooked.)
6. Leave the artichokes upside-down on a clean tea towel until thoroughly drained.
7. Stand each artichoke upright on a small serving plate, and serve the chilled yogurt dressing in a separate bowl.