Smoked Onion and Garlic Salad Dressing
|Sweet onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic head||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or enough to thin out the dressing)|
1. Soak 2 small oak planks in water for about 30 minutes.
2. On a heated grill, place the soaked planks with the smooth side down on the hot grill for about a minute to sterilize.
3. When done, turn them over and place the sliced onions and the garlic head on the surface of the planks. Cover the grill and let it smoke for about 40 minutes.
4. Remove the smoked onions and garlic from the grill, let cool for a few minutes. Once cooled, roughly chop them up.
5. Transfer the chopped onions and garlic into a cast iron skillet. Add in some olive oil, salt and pepper and place it on the grill. Saute for a few minutes.
6. Put the sauteed onions and garlic into a food processor and pulse it a couple of times.
7. Into this, add mayonnaise, sour cream, dijon mustard and buttermilk. Blend again until smooth.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
9. Drizzle over a grilled steak salad and enjoy!
2. Food processor
Calories 372 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.2%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.2 mg12.1%
Sodium 256.9 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet