Enjoy this easy-to-make, traditional cornbread dressing...perfect for any special dinner!
6 1⁄4 Cup (100 tbs)
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (or more if you like)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), chopped finely
Cracked black pepper
5 Teaspoon (or more if you like)
4 Medium, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine cornbread, broth and butter, mix well and set aside.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and celery in oil until softened, for about 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Add onion mixture, salt, pepper and dried sage to cornbread mixture mix well and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
6. Fold eggs into cornbread mixture and stir well to combine.
7. In a greased 2-quart casserole dish, transfer the cornbread mixture and bake, uncovered, for 50 to 65 minutes, until top is golden.
8. Use as a stuffing for your turkey or serve as a side to roast turkey, chicken, pork or any meat, for Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner.