Bottled Dressings Are They Killing the Benefits of Your Salad? Throw out your bottled salad dressing and check this out! You will not be disappointed. In today's video I am going to show you how to make an amazingly delicious Harvest Chimichurri Dressing, that is loaded in nutrients and quality, wholesome ingredients and will make your salad pop with flavor. Based on the Argentinean Chimichurri sauce, this dressing contains olive oil, herbs, garlic and hearty vegetables that will entice your taste buds and nourish your body. You can also use it as a marinade for fish or chicken and even use on brown rice pasta to make a quick side dish. Perfect for the harvest season, this dressing is not to be missed! And it will pack an additional nutritional punch to your healthy salad.
|Fresh basil||4 Tablespoon , chopped finely|
|Fresh cilantro||4 Tablespoon , chopped finely|
|Fresh oregano||4 Tablespoon , chopped finely|
|Fresh parsley||4 Tablespoon , chopped finely|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm) , chopped finely|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , minced|
|Radish||1/8 Cup (2 tbs) , chopped finely|
|Carrots||1/8 Cup (2 tbs) , chopped finely|
|Bell peppers||1/8 Cup (2 tbs) , chopped finely|
|Red pepper flakes||1/2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch|
1. Into a large clean mason jar or salad dressing bottle, pour olive oil and red wine vinegar. Shake well to combine.
2. Add all the chopped herbs, vegetables and garlic. Shake to mix.
3. Season with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour some extra olive oil if needed.
4. Pour some extra olive oil and red wine vinegar to the mixture if needed, to accommodate the herbs and veggies.
5. Enjoy as a salad dressing or on grilled fish or toss with cooked brown rice or pasta like a sauce.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2062Calories from Fat 1925
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 218 g335.4%
Saturated Fat 30 g150%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 385 mg16.04%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet