Orange-Fennel Salad W/Citrus Vinaigrette
|Mixed greens||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fennel bulb/Anise||1 , washed (trimmed)|
|Oranges||2 , peeled|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||20 Milliliter|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Wash mixed greens and spin in a salad spinner. Set aside.
2. Cut off the green on the fennel bulb and keep only the white part. With a mandolin, slice fennel into paper thin slices. Set aside.
3. Peel and cut oranges into wedges, removing all of the pith (the white part of the orange under the skin.) Set aside with fennel.
4. Combine all ingredients for the vinaigrette, except the olive oil. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil to the juice mixture to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Toss salad with fennel and half of the orange slices in the vinaigrette and place on a cold plate. Garnish with leftover orange slices and serve immediately.