Raw food author and chef Jennifer Cornbleet shares how to prepare a delicious dairy-free ranch dressing using soaked cashews. Having a delicious, creamy salad dressing on hand makes it easier to get everyone in your household -- from finicky kids to stubborn grown-ups -- excited about eating their vegetables. In this video, Jennifer Cornbleet shares her raw, dairy-free version of the all-American favorite: ranch dressing.
1 Cup (16 tbs) (soaked)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Fresh lemon juice
1. Soak the cashew nuts in water for a few hours. Drain off the water.
2. Squeeze the lemon for the juice.
3. Mince the basil and dill leaves.
4. In a blender, put the soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. If it is thick then, add more water and blend.
5. Add the basil and dill weed and pulse briefly, just to mix.
6. Serve this drizzled over any salad of choice.
Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, Ranch Dressing will keep for five days.