Roasted bell peppers are so easy to make and have so many uses. From salad dressings to sauces they add a distinct and delicious flavor.
1 Large (red or yellow)
Apple cider vinegar
2 Medium, chopped
1 Large, chopped
Cracked black pepper
1. Cut whole bell pepper in quarters; remove seeds and white membrane
2. Place on a baking sheet, skin side up.
3. Place the baking sheet on a rack in the broiler of the oven.
4. Broil until the skins are blackened. Should be 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cover the pan with aluminum foil and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. The steam will loosen the skins.
6. Remove the peppers from the pan and scrape off the charred peels with your hands or a knife.
7. You can place the peppers in a jar or bowl with a tight fitting lid, cover peppers in olive oil and store in the fridge for up to a week.
8. To make the dressing, add the ingredients to a blender and blend thoroughly until smooth.
9. Use the dressing to top your favorite salads. You can also use this as a base for sauces, soups or dips.