Roasted Bell Pepper Salad Dressing
|Bell pepper||1 Large (red or yellow)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||2 Medium, chopped|
|Green onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cut whole bell pepper in quarters; remove seeds and white membrane
2. Place on a baking sheet, skin side up.
3. Place the baking sheet on a rack in the broiler of the oven.
4. Broil until the skins are blackened. Should be 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cover the pan with aluminum foil and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. The steam will loosen the skins.
6. Remove the peppers from the pan and scrape off the charred peels with your hands or a knife.
7. You can place the peppers in a jar or bowl with a tight fitting lid, cover peppers in olive oil and store in the fridge for up to a week.
8. To make the dressing, add the ingredients to a blender and blend thoroughly until smooth.
9. Use the dressing to top your favorite salads. You can also use this as a base for sauces, soups or dips.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 644 Calories from Fat 548
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.5%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1950.6 mg81.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.5%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 43.9% Vitamin C 268.2%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 52%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet