Pears with Cream and Walnut Dressing
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Ounce (10 Gram)|
|Wheat germ||1 Tablespoon|
|Watercress/Cress||1⁄8 Bunch (12.5 gm) (For Garnish)|
|Double cream||2 Tablespoon (Use Thick Variety)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced (Extracted From 1/2 Fruit)|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Concentrated apple juice/Honey||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, combine wheat germ and walnuts and microwave it for a minute.
2. Alternative place the mixture under grill and toast for about 2-3 minutes, by shaking the mixture frequently.
3. Pound the mixture until nuts attain the consistency of breadcrumbs.
4. Take a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients for dressing and beat the mixture until smooth.
5. Deskin pears, halve them and core them.
6. Arrange the cut side of small plates and coat them with dressing.
7. Spoon the toasted walnut mixture over the mixture.
8. Slice the mixture and allow them to fall sideways and fan out slightly.
9. Garnish the mixture with watercress or cress before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 771 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.7%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.4 mg20.8%
Sodium 197.2 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 18.6 g74.5%
Sugars 51.2 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 93.5%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet