Tomato Cups with Lime and Chive Dressing
|Tomatoes||6 Medium, peeled|
|Ripe avocado||1 Large, peeled and roughly chopped|
|Lemon||2 , freshly juiced|
|Green pepper||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Spring onion||6 , finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh chives||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
1. Using a sharp knife, cut and level stalk end. Reserve them.
2. Using a melon scooper, scoop out all the flesh and remove on to a bowl. Using a soup strainer, pass all the tomato flesh through it and reserve the strained liquid.
3. Place the scooped tomato shells, up side down, on kitchen towels/ absorbent paper. Once all the excess juice has oozed out, cling wrap and refrigerate.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk well.
5. Add pepper, spring onions and avocado and mix gently. Cling wrap and refrigerate.
6. In a small bowl, combine strained tomato liquid, remaining lemon juice, olive oil, 2 tablespoons chives, salt, pepper and caster sugar. Whisk well. Cling wrap and refrigerate.
7. Stuff each tomato shell with avocado mixture and close with reserved tomato lid.
8. Serve chilled, drizzled with prepared dressing and garnished with salad leaves and chives.