Baked Dressing Using Bread
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Turkey fat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Liquid||3 Quart (using broth and milk or broth)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Ground giblets||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Make bread cubes
2. In a skillet melt turkey fat and butter.
3. Add celery and onion.Saute for 10 minutes.
4. Combine cooked onions, celery, fat and seasoning.
5. Combine eggs, giblets and liquid.
6. Mix all the ingredients very lightly.
7. Pile up all the ingredients in a greased rectangular pan.
8. Bake for 30 - 50 minutes at 350. Cooking time depends on the quantity
9. Check if cooked or else bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
10. Serve baked dressing with roasts.