Lettuce Wedges With Warm Mustard Dressing
|Iceberg lettuce head||1|
|Unsalted margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|White wine worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
1) Rinse the letuce and remove the core.
2) Cut the lettuce into 12 wedges and place them on a serving platter.
3) Cover the lettuce and chill it thoroughly.
4) In a medium saucepan placed over moderate heat, melt the margarine.
5) Add the mustard, flour, honey and Worcestershire sauce. Cook the contents for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
6) Add the milk very gradually and continue to cook and stir, till the mixutre is thick and bubble.
7) Add the orange rind and juice and cook till completely heated.
8) Over the chilled lettuce leaves, pour the warm mustard mixture.
9) Serve the salad right away, as an appetizer.