Lettuce Wedges with Warm Mustard Dressing
|Iceberg lettuce head||1|
|Unsalted margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|White wine worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
1) Rinse the letuce and remove the core.
2) Cut the lettuce into 12 wedges and place them on a serving platter.
3) Cover the lettuce and chill it thoroughly.
4) In a medium saucepan placed over moderate heat, melt the margarine.
5) Add the mustard, flour, honey and Worcestershire sauce. Cook the contents for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
6) Add the milk very gradually and continue to cook and stir, till the mixutre is thick and bubble.
7) Add the orange rind and juice and cook till completely heated.
8) Over the chilled lettuce leaves, pour the warm mustard mixture.
9) Serve the salad right away, as an appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 566 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.8%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg1.8%
Sodium 206.8 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.6%
Sugars 29.4 g
Protein 17 g34.2%
Vitamin A 49.2% Vitamin C 65.7%
Calcium 35.9% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet