Lemon Caraway Cookies
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Caraway seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl beat egg, add sugar, lemon juice and beat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add shortening and caraway seeds to the egg mix and thoroughly cream together.
3. Now, in another bowl mix, flour, baking soda and salt, and add to the egg mixture and mix well to make dough.
4. Roll the dough with 2 ½ inch diameter, wrap in a waxed paper and chill for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
5. Slice the chilled dough, with a sharp knife thinly.
6. Onto a greased baking sheet, place the thinly sliced dough rounds.
7. In a preheated oven, bake the cookies at 200 degrees centigrade for about 10 to 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
8. Allow it to cool on a wire rack.
9. Serve at room temperature.