Roast Turkey with Olive Dressing
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|White bread cubes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Oregano leaf||2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Small stuffed green olives||4 Ounce, drained|
|Turkey breast||5 Pound (1 Number)|
|Readymade roast turkey gravy||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
1) In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of oil. Saute the onions, celery and garlic until they turn soft.
2) Add in the bread cubes, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, water and olives. Toss all the items to blend well.
3) Into a shallow, roasting pan, add the bread mixture in a mound. Place the turkey breast over the mound.
4) In a bowl, add 3 tablespoons of oil, salt, oregano and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Mix well and brush the mixture all over the turkey.
5) Roast on moderate heat for 2 hours or until the turkey becomes golden brown. Baste the turkey with the pan drippings often.
6) Serve the turkey along with the stuffing on a heated serving platter.
7) On the side, serve readymade roast turkey gravy.
Calories 431 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.9 mg41%
Sodium 680.8 mg28.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 43 g86.1%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 6% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet