Tuna And Cucumber With Sweet Vinegar Dressing
|Cucumber||3⁄4 Pound (340 Grams)|
|Canned tuna packed in oil||6 Ounce (170 Grams)|
|Rice vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Slivered fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|For sweet vinegar|
|Rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Peel and seed cucumber. Thinly slice crosswise. Sprinkle with salt and set aside. Cut ginger into extremely fine slivers and soak in water until ready to use.
2. Combine SWEET VINEGAR DRESSING ingredients. Drain tuna and reserve oil.
3. Squeeze out excess moisture from cucumber by hand (or use cheesecloth). Rinse quickly, then squeeze again. Sprinkle with rice vinegar.
4. Combine cucumber and dressing. Gently mix in tuna. Pour in tuna oil and mix thoroughly.
5. Drain ginger. Mound salad in small bowls and sprinkle with ginger slivers.