Crab And Cucumber With Golden Dressing
|Canned crab meat||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|For golden dressing|
|Secondary bonito stock||4 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Peel and seed cucumber. Slice thinly crosswise. Soak for 10 minutes in 1 cup water containing scant 1/2 tsp salt.
2. Drain crab meat. Remove any shell or cartilage. Sprinkle lightly with rice vinegar and pinch sugar.
3. GOLDEN DRESSING: Combine dressing ingredients in a double boiler. Stir constantly over boiling water until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and continue stirring until mixture cools. When dressing approaches a mayonnaise-like consistency, set aside.
4. Drain cucumber. Wrap in cheesecloth and gently squeeze to remove excess moisture (or squeeze by hand). Lightly sprinkle with rice vinegar.
5. Mound cucumber in 4 small bowls. Arrange crab alongside cucumber. Spoon 1 Tbsp dressing over each serving.
Calories 76 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.4%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.2 mg43.4%
Sodium 575.3 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.28%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 0.61%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet