Vegetarian Turkey Dressing
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Dried marjoram||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, diced (Unpeeled)|
|Unpeeled eggplant||1 Medium, diced|
|Onions||2 Large, finely chopped|
|Red apples||2 Large, cored and diced|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) On a cookie sheet, place the almonds.
3) Heat in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the almonds turn golden brown. Do not burn them. Keep aside, after cooking.
4) In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, marjoram, sage and thyme. Mix well.
5) To this mixture, add all other ingredients except the heated almonds, Mix again, thoroughly.
6) In a casserole, place this mixture and bake in the oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
7) You can combine the toasted almonds with the dressing just before serving. You can also sprinkle the almonds on top of each serving.