Pacific Rim Beef Salad With Sesame Ginger Dressing
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Freshly cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Chinese plum sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Serrano chile/1/4 teaspoon cayenne chile powder||1 Small, seeded and minced|
|Boneless sirloin steak||20 Ounce (2, 10 Ounce)|
|Sesame ginger dressing|
|Unseasoned rice vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pickled ginger||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), julienned|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bibb lettuce||1 Small, head, leaves separated|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm), stemmed|
|Red onion||1 , julienned|
|Red bell pepper||1 , julienned|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallions||2 , sliced on a diagonal|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled, seeded, and sliced on a diagonal|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1. In a large dish, blend all the marinade ingredients thoroughly.
2. Add steaks to the marinade and cover the dish with plastic wrap.
3. Let the steaks marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour; turn the steaks once or refrigerate overnight ( but, bring it to room temperature before cooking).
4. In a mixing bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together all the ingredients until emulsified; keep aside.
5. Just before cooking, remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry.
6. Place a dry, heavy sautÃ© pan or skillet over the stove and heat it.
7. Add the steaks and sear over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side until just medium-rare.
8. Transfer the steaks to a plate and let it cool down.
9. In a large mixing bowl, toss all the salad ingredients with the dressing.
10. Serve immediately.