Goat Cheese With Walnuts In Warm Oil And Vinegar Dressing
|Walnut halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mixed salad greens||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soft goat cheese||4 Ounce|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
|Walnut oil||6 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||3 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Pinch|
1. To make the dressing, in a small heavy saucepan, combine all the ingredients and whisk with a fork until well amalgamated.
2. Place the pan on a low flame on stove or over the barbecue coals and heat until warmed through, whisking occasionally.
3. Add the walnut halves to the warm dressing, and heat another few minutes until walnuts are well glazed with the dressing
4. On 4 salad plates, divide the salad leaves
5. Spoon scoopfuls of the goat cheese over the salad.
6. Drain the walnut halves from the dressing and scatter them on the salad.
7. Pour the warm dressing to a small jug or sauce boat.
8. Garnish the salad with chives and serve immediately, accompanied by the warm walnut oil dressing on the side.