Curly Endive Salad With Mustard Dressing
|Curly endive head||1|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), finely chopped|
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Pluck endive leaves from base of head, discarding wilted and damages leaves.
2. Place leaves in a colander and wash them thoroughly.
3. Drain and wrap in a towel
4. Place in the refrigerator to chip and keep them crisp.
5. Wash or wipe mushrooms clean
6. Stem and cut into thin slices, adding them to a bowl and sprinkling with lemon juice to prevent discoloration
7. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients to make the dressing.
8. Whisk with a fork until well amalgamated.
9. In a salad bowl, combine the curly endive leaves sliced mushrooms, walnut halves and parsley.
10. Drizzle with dressing and toss lightly but thoroughly until salad is well coated with the dressing.
11. Taste to check seasoning and adjust if required.
12. Serve the salad immediately while lettuce is crisp and cold.