Zesty Low Calorie Salad Dressing
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Garlic/Garlic powder - 1 /8 teaspoon||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onion salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
1) Take a small saucepan and mix together cornstarch, sugar and dry mustard in it.
2) Slowly pour in water and then stir cook the mixture over medium heat, until it becomes thick and bubbly.
3) Keep it aside for 10 minutes to allow cooling.
4) Mix in vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, hot pepper sauce, garlic and onion salt.
5) Take a glass jar with a lid or other container with a tight-fitting lid and pour the mixture into it.
6) Refrigerate the dressing, covered, until chilled, to allow blending of flavors.
7) Mix well and use as required.