Old Fashioned Boiled Dressing For Coleslaw
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
1) In a small saucepan, mix the sugar, flour, pepper, dry mustard and salt together.
2) Stir in the milk, then stir constantly and cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
3) Stir in vinegar and allow the mixture to simmer, then
turn off the heat.
4) Gradually in beat some hot dressing into the beaten egg yolks, then return into the saucepan.
5) Stir continuously and cook on a low heat for about 1 minute.
6) In a glass container, pour the dressing and allow to cool to the room temperature.
7) Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before using.
8) Use as required.