Creamy Spice Dressing
|Cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||3⁄4 Tablespoon, dried|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a food processor or blender jar, combine the cheese, yogurt, oil and ½ the water.
2. Pulse the mixture for 30 seconds so that all the ingredients are blended into one homogeneous mixture.
3. Add spice, herbs, seasonings and remaining water to the mixture and blend again in 2 or 3 short bursts.
4. You can reduce or increase the amount of water depending on your preference of consistency.
5. Empty the dressing into a jar with a tight fitting screw on lid and store in the refrigerator until required.
6. Use this as a dressing for salads or as a dip. You can also use it as a thick spread by adding less water.
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.7 mg5.9%
Sodium 525.1 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 13 g26.2%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet