Roast Capon With Chestnut Dressing
|Capon||6 Pound (Ready To Cook)|
|Chestnut dressing||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Rinse the capon, dry and apply salt inside and outside.
3. Using chestnut dressing, stuff capon, close using skewers and truss.
4. Arrange the capon with breast side facing up and top with bacon.
5. Without covering, bake for half an hour.
6. Lower the heat by 50°F and roast for 1 3/4 hours more or till the second joints of capon move easily.
7. Baste frequently with a hot broth-butter mixture.
8. Transfer to a warm serving platter and serve.