Tomato Dressed Salad
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs), torn|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, sliced|
1. In small saucepan blend together catsup, cornstarch, mustard with water.
2. Place pan over a medium flame, and bring sauce to a boil, stirring constantly until the sauce is thick and hot.
3. Stir in vinegar, sugar, oil, paprika, basil, Worcestershire sauce and a dash salt.
4. Pour into a bowl and place in the refrigerator until required.
5. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, celery and onion in salad bowl.
6. Pour dressing over and toss to coat the vegetables.
7. Serve immediately from the bowl.