Tomato Dressed Salad
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs), torn|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, sliced|
1. In small saucepan blend together catsup, cornstarch, mustard with water.
2. Place pan over a medium flame, and bring sauce to a boil, stirring constantly until the sauce is thick and hot.
3. Stir in vinegar, sugar, oil, paprika, basil, Worcestershire sauce and a dash salt.
4. Pour into a bowl and place in the refrigerator until required.
5. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, celery and onion in salad bowl.
6. Pour dressing over and toss to coat the vegetables.
7. Serve immediately from the bowl.
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 393.3 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 23.2 g
Protein 2 g3.7%
Vitamin A 115.6% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet