Easy Dressed Crab
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , boiled|
1) Boil the crab gently in salted water for about 15 minutes per pound if it is alive.
2) Allow this to cool and take out the big claws for later use and twist off the small claws.
3) Take off the undershell.
4) Remove the small sac from the top of the crab's shell, any green matter and the spongy fingers or lungs which could be seen around the big shell.
5) Into a bowl, remove the brown creamy part of the crab.
6) Separate the white flesh from the inner shell with a skewer or a pointed vegetable knife.
7) Clean the shell well using a small brush if necessary, and allow to dry.
8) Split the big claws, take off all the meat and chop it using a fork.
9) Combine all the white meat together.
10) Season the brown creamy part with salt, pepper and mustard.
11) Keep this brown mixture through the centre of the cleaned shell along with the white meat on both side.
12) Chopped egg and sieved egg yolk can be used for garnishing.
13) Serve with lettuce leaves and lemon wedges.