Lime Dressed Sharper With Potatoes And Peppers
|Red snapper fillets||1 Pound|
|Lime juice||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Small red potatoes||1 Pound, unpeeled, halved|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, cut into thin slivers|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Fresh ginger slices||2 , minced (Quarter Size Slices)|
|Chopped cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lime zest||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Place the fish fillets in one layer in a shallow dish and pour the lime juice on top. Set aside to marinate at room temperature while you prepare the vegetables.
2. In a vegetable steamer, steam the potatoes until they are just tender, about 15 minutes. About 2 minutes before they are done, add the bell pepper and cook until the potatoes are done and the pepper is softened.
3. Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil; lightly oil it.
4. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, cilantro, oil, lime zest, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
5. Reserving the marinade, transfer the fish, skin-side up, to the broiler pan. Add the reserved marinade to the garlic-ginger mixture.
6. Surround the fish with the steamed potatoes and bell pepper. Spoon all of the marinade mixture over the fish and vegetables, and broil 4 inches from the heat for about 8 minutes, or until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork. About halfway through the cooking, baste the fish and vegetables with the pan juices.