Planked Shad With Shad Roe Dressing
|Shad||4 Pound, boned (1 Shad)|
|Shad roe||2 (1 Pair)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice/Dry white wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Tomatoes||2 , halved|
|Hot duchesse potatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Have boned shad prepared for stuffing.
2. Preheat oven to hot (400° F.) and heat a well-oiled wooden plank.
3. Simmer shad roe in water to cover with one-half teaspoon of the salt and the vinegar for ten minutes. Drain, skin and chop.
4. In a skillet heat the butter, add the onion and cook until it is transparent.
5. Mix roe, onion and the remaining ingredients, except the vegetables, until well blended.
6. Sprinkle the fish with additional salt, stuff with roe mixture, sew cut surfaces together loosely and place on the plank. Bake until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, about one hour.
7. Garnish plank with the tomatoes and duchesse potatoes put through a pastry tube. Brush the vegetables with additional melted butter and broil until the potatoes are lightly browned.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4163 Calories from Fat 2536
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 282 g433.3%
Saturated Fat 71.7 g358.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1595.8 mg531.9%
Sodium 3880.2 mg161.7%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 333 g666.4%
Vitamin A 121.9% Vitamin C 112.3%
Calcium 135.2% Iron 131.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet