|Refined flour||200 Gram (maida)|
|Fresh yeast||5 Gram|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (not too hot, It can deactivate the yeast, adjust quantity as needed for kneading the dough)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Pulverized sugar||To Taste (for dusting)|
|Cinnamon powder||To Taste (for dusting)|
1) Make the dough on the cooking station. (directly on the platform). It help you work the dough better. Making a good dough is the most important of the steps.
2) Take the flour on the platform and form a heap. Make a well in the centre and add the yeast and sugar. add some water and mix well. Add the oil and salt.
3) Slowly add more water and knead the dough. Work the dough very well. It needs a lot of stretching and pulling. Atleast 5 - 7 minutes of vigorous kneading.
4) Let the dough rest for fermentation (1st fermentation) for about 20 minutes. By this time you dough would have doubled in side.
5) Now punch your dough to again flatten it and remove all the carbon dioxide from it. ( Punch it hard, Remove all the anger you have in you :P)
6) Now use some dusting flour (Maida) and roll the dough to about 1/4th thickness. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out your doughnuts. ( Tip - once having made the cut outs, Dust them with flour on one side. This side should be down during proofing (2nd fermentation). When you are letting the doughnuts for proofing place them on a greased surface or place. They are easier to handle)
7) Leave your doughnuts for proofing for about 35 minutes. They will double in size. Remember they are extremely delicate so handle them with care.
8) Fry them in oil. (The oil should be preheated in advance) Fry them till golden in colour. Your doughnuts are ready. All you have to do is sprinkle with some cinna - sugar mixture or drizzle some chocolate on them with some edible decorations and you are done.
Calories 127 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 0.76 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 194.7 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet