|White bread flour||8 Ounce|
|Lukewarm milk||1⁄4 Pint|
|Raspberry jam||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large bowl, sieve the flour and salt together and then mix in the sugar.
2. In half of the milk, pour in the yeast and then add melted margarine to the rest of the milk and leave aside to become lukewarm.
3. Combine both of the liquids with the flour and knead well to form dough, and then set this dough aside to prove for 1 hour.
4. Remove the dough after one hour and knead again to form 16 pieces and roll them into balls
5. Flatten balls and fill the jam in centre, and roll the edges around the jam, pressing together firmly. Set aside to rise for 20 minutes.
6. Fry then in hot fat and drain very thoroughly on kitchen paper.
7. Serve hot immediately or pack in polythene bags for later use
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1122 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12 mg4%
Sodium 1998.7 mg83.3%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 35.3 g
Protein 32 g64.5%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet