Whole Wheat Doughnuts
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large mixing bowl add buttermilk, butter, eggs, and 1-teaspoon vanilla. Beat well.
2. In another bowl mix the next 7 ingredients and mix.
3. Gradually add to buttermilk mixture and mix.
4. Heavily flour a flat surface and keep the dough in it.
5. Roll dough into 1/2-inch thickness.
6. With a floured 2 1/2-inch doughnut cutter cut the dough.
7. In a skillet heat 3 to 4 inches of oil to 375°.
8. Drop 3 or 4 doughnuts at a time and fry.
9. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden.
10. Drain on paper towels.
11. In a bowl mix powdered sugar, water, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat well.
12. Dip warm doughnuts in the glaze.
13. Cool and serve.
Calories 144 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.7 mg7.6%
Sodium 88.3 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 18.5 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet