Old Fashioned Potato Doughnuts
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked mashed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cream shortening and 1 cup sugar. Add egg and beat well.
2. Add milk and potatoes.
3. In a bowl mix next 5 ingredients.
4. Stir into potato mixture. Blend together.
5. Lightly flour a flat surface and knead lightly.
6. Roll dough into 1/2-inch thickness.
7. With a floured 2 1/2-inch doughnut cutter cut the dough.
8. In a skillet heat 3 to 4 inches of oil to 375°.
9. Drop 3 or 4 doughnuts at a time and fry.
10. Cook for 1 minute on each side until golden
11. Drain on paper towels.
12. In a bowl mix 1 cup sugar and l'/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
13. Sprinkle over doughnuts.