|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Confectioner' s sugar glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, add lukewarm water.
2) Dissolve in yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar and allow to stand till the mix turns bubbly.
3) In a mixing bowl, combine the shortening, remaining sugar and salt.
4) Scald the milk and pour over the shortening mix.
5) Stir to dissolve the shortening.
6) Cool to lukewarm.
7) In a bowl, add the eggs and beat.
8) Add the eggs and yeast into the shortening mix.
9) One cup at a time, stir in the flour.
10) Turn out the dough onto a floured surface.
11) Roll to 1/2-inch thick rectangle.
12) Cut with doughnut cutter.
13) Allow to rise till light.
14) In a skillet, heat oil.
15) Drop the cut dough into the oil and fry till brown.
16) Remove to paper towels and drain.
17) Brush with glaze.