New Jersey Doughnuts
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Sifted flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl cream butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs and lemon rind to it and beat until light and fluffy.
3. In a bowl sieve baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
4. Alternately add dry mixture and milk to creamed mixture.
5. Combine well.
6. Lightly flour a board and roll out the dough in it. Cut with doughnut cutter.
7. Heat fat (365°) and fry for 3 minutes.
8. Drain on paper towel.
9. Serve hot.