|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
2) Blend in the shortening and sugar.
3) Beat in the eggs and orange rind.
4) Add in the flour mix, alternating with orange juice, and mix till a soft dough.
5) In a skillet, add deep fat and heat well.
6) Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls into hot fat and fry till golden brown.
7) Remove to paper towels to drain.
8) Serve topped with chocolate sauce!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2165 Calories from Fat 761
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g131%
Saturated Fat 23.7 g118.5%
Trans Fat 3.9 g
Cholesterol 459.2 mg153.1%
Sodium 2103.4 mg87.6%
Total Carbohydrates 311 g103.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.5%
Sugars 111.8 g
Protein 40 g79%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 137.3%
Calcium 105.1% Iron 84.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet