|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
2) Blend in the shortening and sugar.
3) Beat in the eggs and orange rind.
4) Add in the flour mix, alternating with orange juice, and mix till a soft dough.
5) In a skillet, add deep fat and heat well.
6) Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls into hot fat and fry till golden brown.
7) Remove to paper towels to drain.
8) Serve topped with chocolate sauce!