Sweet Milk Doughnuts
|Flour||4 1⁄4 Cup (68 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
2. Beat eggs and then add vanilla and sugar.
3. Beat well.
4. Mix in butter.
5. Add milk and sifted dry ingredients alternately.
6. Mix into a soft dough.
7. Turn dough onto lightly floured board.
8. Knead lightly for half a minute and roll out 1/3" thick.
9. Cut with floured doughnut cutter.
10. Remove trimmings.
11. Lift each doughnut on a wide spatula and carefully ease into deep hot fat at 375°F.
12. Put as many into fat at a time as can be turned easily.
13. Fry about 3 minutes, until completely brown on both sides.
14. Lift from fat with a long fork.
15. Do not pierce.
16. Drain on paper toweling.
17. Form trirnmings into a ball.
18. Make into doughnut balls or re-roll and cut with doughnut cutter.
19. Fry as above.
20. Serve plain, sugared or frosted.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3576 Calories from Fat 939
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g162.4%
Saturated Fat 45.1 g225.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 784.4 mg261.5%
Sodium 3613.5 mg150.6%
Total Carbohydrates 573 g190.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.3%
Sugars 162.8 g
Protein 80 g159.6%
Vitamin A 40.7% Vitamin C 0.2%
Calcium 167.1% Iron 164.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet