|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Brandy/Sugar 3 tbsp||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||5 Tablespoon|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar cognac||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a mixer bowl, combine the egg yolks and salt.
2) Beat at high speed till thick.
3) Beat in the sugar and brandy.
4) Add in the sour cream and flour.
5) Beat by hand till blended.
6) Turn the dough onto a floured surface.
7) Knead till smooth.
8) Cut the dough in half and roll as thin as possible.
9) Cut into 2 x 4-inch strips.
10) Make a slit in the center of each strip.
11) Pull one end of the strip through the slit.
12) Drop into hot deep fat and fry till lightly browned on both sides.
13) Remove onto paper towels and drain.
14) Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2239 Calories from Fat 757
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g128.7%
Saturated Fat 28.5 g142.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1000.6 mg333.5%
Sodium 1234.3 mg51.4%
Total Carbohydrates 306 g102.1%
Dietary Fiber 38.7 g154.8%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 65 g130.1%
Vitamin A 33.1% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 43.8% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet