|Enriched flour||5 Cup (80 tbs), sifted|
|Shortening/Oil / fat||3 Tablespoon, melted (For Deep Frying)|
|Baking powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Sift together flour again with baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
2) Whisk eggs until thick and lemon-colored.
3) Slowly beat in one cup sugar.
4) Mix in three Tblsp melted shortening or oil and finally the milk.
5) Stir in flour mixture and mix well.
6) On a lightly floured board or pastry cloth, roll the dough out into 1/4-inch thick.
7) With a floured doughnut cutter, cut the dough.
8) In deep hot fat, 350 deg, fry the doughnuts until brown.
9) Serve with coffee.