Glazed Doughnut Puffs
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, add butter and sugar to beat into a light and fluffy cream.
2) In another bowl, beat in eggs.
3) Separately sift in all the dry ingredients and add to the cream by alternating with milk.
4) Allow chilling the mixture inside refrigerator.
5) In a skillet, place deep fat to heat up at 375°F.
6) Using a rounded tablespoon, drop the batter into hot fat one by one.
7) Fry the doughnuts on both the surface until it becomes brown and completely risen.
8) Transfer on paper towels to drain extra oil.
9) In another bowl, add corn syrup, rum, confectioners' sugar and hot water to prepare a thin glaze.
10) Dip the doughnuts in the warm glaze and allow setting the glaze before serving.