There's simply nothing like preparing a pasta dish from start to finish, and this pasta dough recipe is 100% italian.
3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)
1. Place the flour on a worktop and make a wide indentation in the centre, crack the eggs and add salt, take a fork and beat the eggs gently, once the eggs are beaten start mixing them together with the flour little at a time.
2. You will get a pasty texture once that is done start kneading with your hands, the eggs should completely absorbed into the flour, knead the dough vigorously for at least 15 minutes to achieve a very smooth dough.
3. Start stretching the dough at 90 degree and keep kneading until u get a smooth dough.
4. Wrap the dough in cling film and then let it rest for 30 minute.
5. After 30 minute start rolling the dough the proper ay to roll a dough is you should put pressure on the pin when moving away and release pressure when bringing it back then turn 90 degrees and repeat.
6. The pasta should be about as thick as a piece of paper, continue rolling.
7. Cook the pasta anyway you like with vegetables or meat.
This recipe is for enough pasta for 4 people. For each serving of pasta, you'll need 1 egg and 1 cup of flour.
For the tagliolini, tagliatelle and pappardelle: Roll the dough cut into tubes.
For the tagliolini: Cut slices of 1/16 of an inch, unroll them right after cutting.
For the tagliatelle : Cut slices 1/4 inch.
For the pappardelle: Cut slices 1/2 inch.
For the quadrucci: Cut strips 3/8 inch thick and cut little squares.
For the farfalle : Cut rectangles 1/8 inch by ¼ inch and pinch in the centre.
For lasagna: Cut sheets at 5 ½ by 6 inches.
For cannelloni: Take the lasagna sheet then put a strip of filling about an inch from the edge and roll.
For Maltagliati which means "poorly cut" in Italian, run a roller over the remaining pasta in any direction you want.