Here is a super easy to follow and make Pie Pastry recipe that uses Tenderflake lard. Super flakey and tender!
Cake flour/Pastry flour
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1⁄2 Pound (Tenderflake)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a large bowl, put flour and salt. Mix.
2. Add lard, and using a pastry blender mix it well until it resembles coarse oatmeal.
3. In another bowl, add egg yolk and vinegar. Whisk it well.
4. Pour water into egg mixture, and gradually stir liquid into lard mixture. Add liquid just to cling the dough together.
5. On countertop, turn the mixture, and gently gather it into a ball.
6. Divide dough into two parts and knead. Do not work too hard.
7. With plastic, wrap the dough and place it in refrigerator for 1-2 hours. You may also freeze it for later use.
8. Roll the dough, bake it with your favorite filling.