Hi GialloZafferano viewers and welcome to our kitchen. I'm Sonia and today we'll be preparing a classic base recipe -- pastry dough perfect for making great pies
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
5 Cup (80 tbs)
250 Gram, cubed
1. In the food processor combine flour, salt and the butter, whiz everything until you get a coarse sand texture.
2. Once done transfer the flour mixture on the worktop, add powdered sugar, make a hole in the center and add lemon zest and the egg yolks.
3. Knead everything until you get smooth dough, do not over knead.
4. Flatten the dough and cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. After 1 hour, the pastry dough is ready to be rolled out into shapes of your choice.
6. Bake and serve the sweet short crust pastry with your choice of filling and toppings.