Dough for Knishes
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven at 375° F.
2. In a bowl, take sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Make a hole in the center. Break eggs into it. Also add oil and water.
4. Mix it well and knead into smooth dough.
5. Knishes can be filled in two ways:
6. In the first way, make two portions of the dough. Roll it as thinly as possible. Apply oil.
7. Add filling on one side of the dough and roll it up like a jelly roll. Make 1 1/2-inch slices from the roll.
8. Oil a baking sheet and place the roll slices in such a way that the cut size is facing down. Flatten it by pressing it lightly.
6. The second way is cut 3-inch circles from the dough.
7. Take a tablespoon of the filling on each circle. Press the edges together and pinch firmly.
8. Oil a baking sheet. Arrange the circles on it such that the pinched edges are pointing upwards.
9. In both the cases, bake it in an oven at 35 minutes or until it browns.
15. Serve Knishes with chilli sauce.