Spinach Filled Phyllo Triangles
|Frozen spinach||20 Ounce, chopped (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Minced onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated fresh parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Crumbled blue cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen phyllo pastry||16 Ounce (1 Package, 16 Ounce)|
|Melted butter||1 Ounce|
|Fresh spinach leaves||4|
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Thaw spinach, keep over paper towels and squeeze the moisture.
3. In a large skillet melt 1/2 cup butter and saute onion in it.
4. Add spinach, stir to mix and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Drain out the vegetables from skillet, cool and keep aside.
6. Stir in next 9 ingredients to spinach mixture. Stir to mix.
7. Cut sheets of phyllo lengthwise into 3 1/2-inch strips.
8. Brush each phyllo strip with melted butter, one at a time.
9. Follow package directions and keep remaining strips covered.
10. On each phyllo strip spoon 2 teaspoons spinach mixture. Fold the right bottom corner over it into a triangle.
11. Continue to fold back and forth into a triangle until end of strip.
12. Follow the same process with remaining phyllo.
13. On baking sheets, place triangles, seam side down.
14. Brush tops with melted butter.
15. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
16. Drain oil on paper towels.
17. Serve on spinach leaves.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4759 Calories from Fat 2172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 246 g378.2%
Saturated Fat 140.6 g703%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1255.5 mg418.5%
Sodium 8431.4 mg351.3%
Total Carbohydrates 445 g148.2%
Dietary Fiber 26.4 g105.4%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 197 g393.5%
Vitamin A 1469% Vitamin C 54%
Calcium 443.1% Iron 163.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet