Quick Food Processor Pie Dough
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Ice water||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon, frozen|
2. In a food processor bowl, carefully position knife blade.
3. Put in flour and butter.
4. Process pulsing 3 or 4 times or until combined.
5. With a knife, cut butter into 6 pieces; add to flour mixture.
6. Pulse for 5 or 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal.
7. As the processor runs, slowly add water, a teaspoon at a time, until dough forms a ball leaving sides of bowl.
8. Transfer dough to a bowl, cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
9. On a slightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness, and fit into a 9-inch pie plate.
10. With a fork, prick bottom and sides of the pastry.
11. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
12. Use as needed. You can make one 9-inch pastry shell with this dough amount.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1100 Calories from Fat 652
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114.2%
Saturated Fat 46.4 g232.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.5 mg64.5%
Sodium 1951.4 mg81.3%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 14 g27.4%
Vitamin A 45% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.3% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet