Spiced Cookie Dough
|Sugar cookie mix||13 Ounce (5 Package)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 15 1/2-by-12-inch cookie sheet.
2. In large bowl, combine 1 package cookie mix with 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg, 1 egg. Mix well with spoon; knead 3 to 5 minutes until dough is smooth.
3. Roll out dough on cookie sheet to about 3/8-inch thickness, leaving 1-inch border around dough.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool on cookie sheet on wire rack until cool enough to touch—about 10 minutes.
6. Lay paper-pattern pieces for wall of house, chimney and gable on warm dough. Cut around each with sharp, pointed knife. Cut out as many pieces as possible. (You will need 4 walls, 4 chimney pieces, 8 gable pieces.) Remove trimmings.
7. With spatula, remove pieces to waxed-paper-lined tray. Let cool. Cover loosely until ready to decorate and assemble house.
8. Repeat with remaining packages of cookie mix until all house sections are cut out.